- Location: Italy – Abruzzo – Val Vomano (TE)
- Client: Strada dei Parchi S.p.A.
- Section: A24 – Villa Vomano – Teramo
- Length: 830 m
- Excavation section: 156 m³
- Crosse-section :7.70
- Lining thickness: 90 cm
- Consolidation: front no. 30 VTR L = 18 m – contour no. 55 Reinforced micro-piles L = 15 m
- Vehicle and/or pedestrian by-passes: n. 2 pedestrians, L = 33 m
- Technological installations: LED handrail on both sides
The single tube Carestia tunnel is 830 m long. The type of excavation used is the traditional one with a poly-centric section of 156 m³ with an excavation radius of 7.70 m and a final lining of 90 cm.
The most common type of advancement section provides for pre-consolidation at the front with 30 VTR 18m long, while on the contour there are 55 reinforced Micro-piles 15 m long. Two pedestrian bypasses of 33 m in length were also built. The tunnel is equipped with a led handrail on both sides of the carriageway.